Sunday, May 11, 2008
Oh...No.....He's taking Jesus to Walmart Mommy...
OK, to first explain how this started. Our church up at home in Michigan has a "Watch Live Link" on their web site to watch their 11:30 am and 7:30pm Sunday services on line. So, we try to watch the 7:30 pm on Sunday nights when we can. We love and miss our Pastor up there and church family. (We love you all here at Atlantic Shores too!). So, Paiyton and I were watching the service a few weeks ago on a Sunday night and Pastor Jim was talking about taking Jesus where ever you go and being a Christ like example all the time. So, as he continues to talk and get into it he says this is a reminder of how even when we are going and doing the simple daily things that even as he goes to Walmart the next time he's going to take Jesus with him. All of a sudden Paiyton pops us and says "Mommy Oh No, Pastor Jim is going to take Jesus to Walmart and leave him there". It was all I could do not to laugh, she was seriously concerned. So, I addressed her initial concern that Jesus would not be left at Walmart and than explained to her that Jesus is with us every where we go. This is something she doesn't fully get yet we have been working on it with her. So, Paiyton thought Pastor Jim was taking Jesus to Walmart to leave Him there. It was too cute and funny all at the same time. I love the way this age thinks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Too cute!!!
What a great reminder to all fo us though! Take Jesus everywhere, even to Wal-Mart. Sometimes the greatest lessons about God come from little moments like these. I bet osmehting like that will stay with her!
Post a Comment