Tonight while putting Paiyton to bed we were reading out of her princess bible for little girls. We were reading about the heart and having a pure heart and serving God and hiding his word in our hearts. The song that went with this reading was " I've got the Joy Joy Joy Joy Down in my heart". I am sure y'all remember that one from church growing up. It was actually fun to be reminded of that song. Anyway, we then were talking about how as a young lady who loves God, How can you have a pure heart for Jesus? Paiyton began to say different ways to do that and than she started asking questions about Jesus and heaven. She has been asking these questions a lot lately. I think because we talk about my Mom and how she is in heaven with Jesus. She is still trying to comprehend it all and understand it. So here is how the rest went:
Paiyton: What is Grandma Martin doing in heaven?
Me: She is praising Jesus?
Paiyton: Does she have a house?
Me: Well, yes the bible says that he is preparing a mansion for each of us and Grandma I am sure has one.
Paiyton: "A Mansion" wow that's a lot of work to clean and a lot of dog poop......
Me: Laughing hysterically and saying well honey she doesn't have a dog to clean up after.
Paiyton: Oh, I thought she had a dog too like us.
Paiyton: Mom does God make the air?
Me: Yes, God created the heavens and the earth he made everything. I than explain in simple terms Oxygen and how we breath.
Paiyton: Mom does God blow the air out his mouth? Or does he use a fan?
Me: Again, Laughing and trying to explain it better the second time.
I love these bed time conversations with my sweet Paiyton, she just melts my heart and she has no idea how she blesses me so much with these conversations we have. I don't want her to ever grow any older. I love her sweet innocence. I love you my little lady!



1 comment:
we're all glad there isn't any dog poop in our mansion yards in heaven! :)
Post a Comment