"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Beach Day....

Yesterday we spent the early afternoon on the bay. Paiyton has been asking to go to the beach ALL winter long. I always answer saying "As soon as it gets warm" so each day she asks me now "Mom will God make it warm tomorrow?". Needless to say we have been going when its warm enough. She still doesn't understand that it's not warm enough for a swim suit yet though. The girls had a ball though. Paiyton played with Daddy drawing the Alphabet in the sand saying her ABC's. Emmah wanted to bury Mom's feet in the sand. This was a switch from last year, she didn't want the sand to touch her at all last summer. At one point Tim, Paiyton and Emmah are just looking at the water so of coarse I took a picture and right after I took it I stood there just soaking it up and wondering, What are each one of them thinking as they looked out at sea? I know what I think of when I am looking out and watching the waves. I always sit in Awe of God and remember in Job 38 when God Answers Job, verses 8-11. God says to Job, "Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb. When I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness. When I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place. When I said, THIS FAR YOU MAY COME AND NO FARTHER; HERE IS WHERE YOUR PROUD WAVES HALT. I love love love these verses. It reminds me how MARVELOUS God is and how much he deserves our praises!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I love that picture of the girls up top. It is precious!! Beach days in the winter are the best aren't they!!! I know Bradley can't figure out why I won't let him get his slip and slide out yet. He says...but it's sunny.

Natalie said...

Your blog looks great!!! Love the new pic up top. I bet the day was perfect...I can't wait to get to the beach, even if it isn't warm enough to swim. What a great family day!

Katy said...

I'mso glad you're back to blogging! This is a GREAT post! We love to go down to the beach and just PLAY in the sand and bask in the beauty and enormity of it!!! Aren't you going to miss this in MI???

dandsratz said...

Tiffany, these are AWESOME pictures of ya'll on the beach!! What a great day you had, for sure!! The girls are SOOO adorable, and I love the look of your blog!! It was SOOO great to be able to catch up with you yesterday!

Jayne said...

Thanks for sharing deep thoughts from Tiffany! There's something about being by the water, beach, river, or otherwise. Creation in general screams God's name and points us to Him in ways nothing else can! Glad you had an early beach fun day.