"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Wonderful Husband......

Well, I started this post a month ago. With all the weekly activities and all I have not posted much this past month. So here it is. It is a bit long. This week is our wedding anniversary, we have been married five years. It has gone by way to fast. I still feel like we just got married yesterday. As I look back and think about how thankful I am for my husband and my girls. God has so richly blessed me when I didn't think I ever deserved to be blessed so abundantly. I was at a point in my life then where I was content being single and didn't care if I married. God was the most important in my life and I didn't want anything to do with men at that point. I had wanted to join the Navy right out of High School and didn't do it because of the "boy friend". So here I was 27 years old owned my own house and said to my Mom one day, Mom I think I am going to go and join the Navy. She looked at me with this look of shock and said " you can't do that you need to get married and have me some grand babies". I told her I knew she wanted that but I was done with the man thing and was happy with where I was at, and she said well you do what you feel led to do and let God be your guide. So, that next week I made the phone call to the Navy's 1-800 number and they gave the nearest local recruiter my information and phone number. I than received a phone call on my machine to call the recruiter back to make an appointment to come in. That same week I was in his office discussing joining the Navy. After two meetings the Navy wanted me to sell my house before entering and I was not ready to do that...I had just gotten it a year earlier on my own. So I decided to go with the reserves instead. Well, the Active Duty recruiter connected me with the reserves recruiter and than followed up with me to make sure I was being taken care of. I remember thinking when I heard the first voice mail from the Active Duty recruiter wow he has a great voice. From the first week of meeting with the Active Duty recruiter he would email me and occasionally call me. We had weekly, than daily emails. Than in October, 4 months later he offered to come over and help me paint my basement in my house. I was reluctant but he insisted so that Friday night he showed up ready to paint and I said you know I have painted every night this week and I don't think I am going to paint tonight. So we talked for about two hours and than he asked if I wanted to go to a co-workers Birthday party. I was a Little reluctant but said sure. We get there and we again continued to talk and meet some of his co-workers. Than they started with Karaoke. Now, I sing in Church and Church specials, I knew all the secular stuff but was not going to sing a secular song in front of all these people I had just met. So the joke for about an hour was that I thought he should sing a prince song. Than he says I know what I am going to sing and a few minutes later got up to go sing it. Well, the place was so packed that I could not see him from our seats so I thought oh well I will just hear him than. So the song starts and its a Brad Paisley song "We Danced". So I am starting to try to see if I can see him as he's starting the song and all of a sudden he parts the crowd and takes my hand and leads me to the dance floor and he sings to me as he dances with me. From that night since Tim and I have been inseparable (other than deployment of coarse). Two months later he proposed and three months after that we were married. On my wedding day my Mom told me that she had been praying for the man God had for me for that past year and how Tim was the answer to her fervent prayers. I am so incredibly thankful to God for placing Tim in my life. I knew from that night that Tim was "THEE MAN" of my dreams. For the first time I knew what being in love really was and saw how God gave me one of life's greatest blessings, someone to become ONE with. So, yes I did join the Navy.....as a Wife of an Active Duty Recruiter. Babe, Thank you for loving me as Christ loves the Church and for being my prince that I always dreamed of, I love you!

3 comments:

Katy said...

What an amazing story - it's always so special to look back on the road that God leads us down and to be able to see where he turned us different ways...just so amazing. BEAUTIFUL wedding pictures - I love looking at wedding pictures! :)

Jayne said...

Thanks for sharing your story Tiffany! I love hearing how God brought people together. May you have many more years together loving and living and being happy together!

Natalie said...

Wow...what a beautiful story. thanks for sharing:) BTW, you were a BEAUTIFUL bride!!!!