"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Here's my Daddy......

This was one of the BEST moments of Paiyton's first school year. During Tim's October visit home Mrs. Neumeyer asked him to come in the class in Uniform to talk to the kids about what he does. Tim was excited and there are no words for Paiyton's excitement that day. As we were walking in that morning he said to me, "I am not sure what to talk to them about, I know what to say to teenagers about what I do" (from recruiting days). I reminded him to remember how he talks to Paiyton being the age she is and that all the other kids will understand and relate to him. I also said "Babe, they don't have that long of an attention span it will only last about 10 minutes or so. Well, was I ever wrong. All the kids ADORED him. They were all over him, Mrs. Neumeyer had to keep them from climbing all over him and as for the time.....they listened to Tim for over a half hour. They were in complete awe the entire time he was in the room. They had lots of great questions as Tim told them what he does. Paiyton was so happy and excited to have her Daddy talking to her classmates about his job. She never left his side and always had one of her hands near or on him. Once he was done talking and answering their questions one of Paiyton's classmates Jackson looked up at Tim and said "When I grow up I want to be in the Navy just like you". I thought Tim and I were going to just melt in the floor. Paiyton talked about this day for weeks and still does and wants her Daddy to come back to her class again. This was such a blessing for each one of us, but especially Paiyton and Tim.

1 comment:

Katy said...

That's awesome. It's a very special priviledge to grow up in a military family - one that I am SO thankful for. How special for both Tim and Paiyton to have that memory for them both! He's a hero - so how great that you all got to show him off!