"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Shout from the Mountain tops.....

Do y'all have those days when you want to shout it out from the mountain tops that you need to get away for a few by yourself? Well, this afternoon was one of those days. Due to the recouping after illness from the last week we all took a short nap today. It was just what we all needed. After getting our much needed 45 minutes we were all ready to go to Awana tonight. I must admit I was at a point today where enough was enough. The living apart from Tim takes it toll on each of us and today was that day, I think because none of us have been sleeping well these days. But in the midst of it all God spoke gently to me reminding me that it is only a season (& the 10 below zero too....brrrrr) thank goodness. It was a gentle reminder of how blessed I am to have such a wonderful husband and two wonderful little girls that I love & ADORE beyond words. I am thankful every day for these things but it seems that sometimes he reminds me a little more to help me stay focused. He also used the girls to give me little smiles & laughs tonight while listening to them.
Emmah: I miss Daddy Paiyton: We all miss Daddy Emmah, it's OK to miss Daddy
After entering the truck after awana: Paiyton: All the Daddy's are in Berginia (Virginia) working. Emmah: They are?
Putting Emmah to bed tonight: Emmah: Mommy I want to take my purse to gerginia (Virginia) and my stroller (for the dolly's).
I love the age group of 1-5 yrs old. It is fun, exciting and the biggest blessing all the time. I have told Paiyton that she can not get any older than 5, her birthdays have stopped. She thinks it's funny and always says Mommy your silly. One of the fun things with Paiyton right now is when I am putting her to bed each night she says to me Mommy, What am I going to dream about tonight? I always say I don't know what do you think? She proceeds to pick and choose, the beach, Daddy, Busch Gardens, School, the light houses, rainbows. I pray that she never stops dreaming and that she knows from a very young age that God is the full filler of dreams. I want to always remember these times and ages and what a blessing they are despite whatever season of life we are in. Thank you Lord for the reminder today and for renewing me in this season.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Tiffany, I do not know how you do it! I know how difficult it is with Kevin's schedule I cannot imagine being apart for months on end. You are a strong woman and a great mom. And I know that you are so blessed!

Heidi said...

So many cute things to comment on. From the way Emmah say Virginia to the precious conversations between you. I love this age too even through the demands of it there's nothing like it and they grow up so fast. I tell Bradley all the time I'm going to give him special medicine so he doesn't grow anymore and he thinks I'm coo coo for sure. I'm praying for you through your separation. I grew up in Wi in the frozen tundra so I know what that's like. Spring is right around the corner!!!