<
It was an early morning for Paiyton but she didn't mind at all. She was so excited to be going to school. We all had breakfast together and talked about school. Grandma was on vacation this week so she was there to tell Paiyton to have a great first day as well. When it was time to leave I set her back pack down for her and she said to me "Mommy did you put my hanitizer (hand sanitizer) in my pack pack (back pack)?" without laughing out loud I said yes my sweet girl I did. (I have rubbed off on her with the germ precautions obviously.) Then she proceeded with wanting to go down the list of other items to be sure they were in her pack pack.....I love it!
Posing with her can that she decorated for school!
Emmah wanted to pose for a picture with Sissy. I love these little apple socks..... apple was the theme of the first school outfit, it was also on her pony tail band that you can't see! I know, I know not very practical but oh so cute.
I have to say I was doing well and held my composure until I stepped out of the class room to leave than tears started a bit. Though she is growing up and starting this new phase I can't wait to share each New thing with her this year. I am so very proud of Paiyton and happy for her. She did such a great job today. Than as I walked down the hall I was reading this Poem that Mrs. Neumeyer gave to each Mom this morning with a baggy attached that had a travel pack of tissues and some candy in it. It was so sweet and nice. I LOVE that Mrs. Neumeyer is Paiyton's teacher, what a Blessing.
Mrs. Neumeyer's Poem
I gave you a little wink and smile
As you entered my room today.
For I know how hard it is to leave
And know your child must stay.
You've been with her for five years now
And have been a loving guide.
But now, alas, the time has come
To leave her at my side.
Just know that as you drive away
And tears down your cheeks may flow
I'll love her as I would my own
And help her learn and grow.
For as a parent, I too know
How quickly the years do pass.
One day a while ago, it was my turn
To take my child to class.
So please put your mind at ease
And cry those tears no more
For I will lover her and take her in
When you leave her at my door.
Love,
Mrs. Neumeyer
Does this poem pull your heart strings even more or what? But at the same time it gave such reassurance and peace with leaving Paiyton on her first day of school.
My sweet girl LOVED Kindergarten. When I picked her up the first thing she said was "Mom I need a PACK PACK with wheels...this one is to heaby (heavy)" I said oh really she said yes really. It was too funny and cute all at the same time. Obviously she had seen someone else with one that had wheels that morning.
WHAT A FABULOUS DAY!



2 comments:
Hey Tiffany!! I loved catching up on all of your news and to see that ya'll are doing so well!! I was thinking about you today in church--just missing you!! I can't wait till ya'll come back!! :) Please kiss the girls from me!! And squeeze Tim, too! :)
I'm SO glad to hear that she LOVED it - I knew she would! How special the note that her teacher gave to the parents - it just warms your heart doesn't it? To give you that confirmation that God has Paiyton right where He wants her to be this year!!! It's going to be a GREAT year!
Post a Comment