"From the fullness of His grace we have all received one blessing after another" John 1:16

"Look straight ahead, and fix your eyes on what lies before you. Mark out a straight path for your feet; stay on the safe path. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil." Proverbs 4:25-27 (NLT)

Monday, September 22, 2008

Gettin Ready for Kindergarten....

Paiyton is sooooo... excited to start Kindergarten, as you can see by this first picture. She has been preparing for it all week. She said to me in the car this week "Mom you have to drive me to school and let me out to walk in all by myself". I told her for the first couple weeks I will walk her to class and than Mrs. Neumeyer (her teacher)wanted her to start walking down the hall to class on her own. She said OK Mommy. Honestly I was glad she was ready and willing but also sad that my little Chickie didn't want Mommy to walk her to class all year...ha....ha. She is growing and changing so much this year, just as I get used to one change she's changing again. I know that's all part of being Mom and watching your children grow and I am so HAPPY and EXCITED for Paiyton as she moves into this next phase of life with Kindergarten. I pray that God protects and guides her and that her heart's desire is to always want to please God.

I was talking to Paiyton about Kindergarten starting the next morning and this was her response....a great big HURRAY in the bath tub! We had a visit with her New Kindergarten Teacher Mrs. Neumeyer. This visit was a individual time the week before school started in her class room at the school. She loved that she could see her room and check out what there was in there. Her Favorite part after that visit was the Purple Bathroom that is just for the kindergarten girls connected to their class room, oh and the play horse's in the toy bin. She wanted to stay that night. She was asked by Mrs. Neumeyer to decorate a large coffee can that would hold all of her essentials, crayons, glue, scissors, pencils etc. The Friday before school started we had a Mommy and Paiyton night out. It was her choice where to go for dinner, she chose Chili's. So we had a great dinner together and talked about school. Than I surprised her and took her to a Scrapbook store to choose what paper and things to decorate her coffee can for school. She loved this.....she found lots so we narrowed it down to her favorites. Then we did a little Uniform shopping at Target and Kohl's to prepare for the first big week. We had a great time. It was just as nice for me to have some one on one time with Paiyton as it was for her, in the midst of so much change this year. I am so proud of My little Chickie!

Paiyton and her decorated can she did for school....it has three pictures on it that she wanted. 1. Her and sissy, 2. Her and Daddy, 3. her and Mommy. She loved doing this can and decorating it just the way she wanted, which was princess's of coarse.

Paiyton was getting all tucked in the night before the first day of school and being as silly as could be....we were both laughing hysterically. One of the things she said to me that night as I was hugging her was "Mommy I am hugging you so tight so your head pops off" Where do they come up with these? We had lots of fun that night preparing for the First day of school.

1 comment:

Katy said...

What fun! I love the idea of taking her to the scrapbook store to pick out all her decorating stuff! She looks SO excited - it's just how you want them to be, isn't it? How precious!